Autism in the News – Thursday, 03.11.10
An 18-year-old Kisharon Day School pupil with severe autism who went on the run after scaling an eight-foot fence was found safe and well on Monday evening. Read more.
Islanders’ kindness puts hamster thief to shame (Staten Island, N.Y.)
Star, the beige and white dwarf hamster who was stolen from the Eden II School for Children with Autism, was a frisky little pet who fit in the palm of even the smallest child. Read more.
Autistic children placed in ‘pen’ during school playtime (Australia)
The New South Wales (NSW) education department confirmed that students with special needs at Seven Hills West Public School were put into a fenced off area while other students spent their breaks in a larger playground. Read more.
SCSU Autism Center Opens (Conn.)
Southern Connecticut State University has opened its new Center on Autism Spectrum Disorders. Read more.
Special needs school to open in Throop (Throop, Penn.)
A private school that provides autistic and developmentally-challenged students support is ready to open its doors in Throop. Read more.
‘Clean Room’ Pittsburgh Study Could Shed Light On Autism (Pittsburgh, Penn.)
A controversial method is being used in Pittsburgh to study children who live with autism. The method involves having the children spend hours inside a so-called “clean room.” Read more.
Autism would be covered by bill (Topeka, Kan.)
Kansas could inch its way toward requiring coverage of autism spectrum disorders. Read more.
View by Category
- Adults with autism
- Autism in the News
- Autism Speaks U
- Corporate Sponsors
- Family Services
- Got Questions?
- Government Relations
- In Their Own Words
- Light It Up Blue
- New Diagnosis of Autism
- Pre-autism Diagnosis
- The Pin Is In
- This Month in Review
- Topic of the Week
- Weekly Whirl
- Why I Walk
- My Five-Year-Old Child Does Not Talk … Will He Ever?
- How common are seizures among people with autism, and what can help?
- What is Causing the Increase in Autism Prevalence?
- Can my taking medication during pregnancy cause autism in my baby?
- My child is nonverbal. Anything new that might help him communicate better?
What We’re Talking About
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- RT @cdiegomorales: Such an honor to be speaking to thousands of #AutismSpeaks supporters this beautiful Saturday!! #WalkNowIndy http://t.co… 1 hour ago
- Cover band, The Advocates, spread awareness through music: autismspeaks.org/news/news-item… http://t.co/b4Lzf2CTlh 2 hours ago
- #Blog: How I know my Son Loves Me, Even if He Doesn't Say It: autismspeaks.org/blog/2015/05/2… http://t.co/f6BXBHrl15 15 hours ago
- Brain Imaging Produces New Insights into Autism-Anxiety Connection >> shar.es/1rLK9o http://t.co/VCmtBvT37l 17 hours ago
- @autismspeaks UPDATE: Austin Carter of Saskatoon found safe. saskatoon.ctvnews.ca/mobile/autisti… 20 hours ago
Autism Speaks Flickr