Home > Awareness > Congratulations, Holly!

Congratulations, Holly!

Congratulations to Autism Speaks’ Board Member Holly Robinson Peete, who was the runner-up in this season’s “Celebrity Apprentice” and Bret Michaels, who took home the top prize. We are so proud of Holly, who did so much this season to raise awareness about autism and Autism Speaks.

Bret Michaels, who has diabetes and also has a daughter with diabetes, won an additional $250,000 for his charity, the American Diabetes Association. Snapple, the company featured as part of the final task, also donated $250,000 to Holly Robinson Peete’s charity, HollyRod, which helps raise funds for families dealing with autism.

Please join us in congratulating Holly on her success and thanking her for her efforts!

1. MyLinda
    May 24, 2010 at 4:53 pm

Thanks for doing such a fabulous job and highlighting Autism and what a Warrior Mom looks like–Congrats Holly!

2. Julie Smith
    May 24, 2010 at 4:54 pm

Congratulations Holly on a job well done! My 6 year old son, Nathan is on the spectrum. We’ve been fortunate enough to get him lots of early intervention and therapies to make big gains but I have friends with children who are severely affected that lack access to care …… I understand why you fight for others and I applaud you!
    Big hugs,
    jules

3. jodi
    May 24, 2010 at 5:07 pm

Im so excited with all the celebrity’s raising awareness in autism these days . Not so long ago you barely heard a thing about this . Holly thank you for all you have done on apprentice and for our special children .

4. Heather Jaquay
    May 24, 2010 at 5:13 pm

Thank you for raising awareness of Autism on this season on Celebrity Apprentice. You did a great job, and we are truly grateful for all of your hard work, Not just on the apprentice, But everyday!

5. Amy Turner-Iannacci
    May 24, 2010 at 5:37 pm

Holly,

You are a sweet lady with determination and compassion for those living with autism!!! You inspire me to keep advocating not only for my son but the entire autism community–we need each other!

I can’t wait to hear about the school etc…your talents are a gift!

Peace and Gratitude,
    Amy Iannacci
    Proud Mother of Luciano!

6. Sharon Lewis
    May 24, 2010 at 6:47 pm

That you Holly, for bringing awareness of autism to the public on behave of my niece Sydney.

7. Robert A. Robinson
    May 24, 2010 at 7:02 pm

Congratulations Holly! My partner and I both have the gift of aspergers syndrome, and are currently trying to find someone to help open our business that donates to autism research. Congratulations again, and thank you for being an advocate for this cause, it’s beautiful to see people help make a difference.

8. Cheryl Sanders
    May 24, 2010 at 8:22 pm

Thanks Holly for working so hard to benefit all our children with Autism! And a big Thanks to Snapple for donating $250,000 to HollyRod.

9. Karen
    May 24, 2010 at 9:13 pm

I loved this season of Apprentice. Everyone was so aggressive, well almost everyone. I have a grandson who has Autism and is non-verbal. He is six and struggles each day. He wants to be a happy child and is for the most part. I sure hope in time he will develop some speech or be able to through some device. Otherwise he is doomed to a lonely life. Breaks my heart to know he is in there, but can’t get out. I love what your foundation is doing for families with that are living with Autism. Great job Holly. I am glad for Bret as well, he is a wonderful spokesperson for Diabetes.

10. Tracy
    May 24, 2010 at 9:17 pm

Holly is awesome and has such an amazing huge heart! It has been so exciting watching her each week on the show. I am going to miss that very much.

Holly, keep fighting for this great cause. We need people with your influence to bring awareness of Autism to everyone. You have a great story to tell and you do such a great job of explaining how it effects everyone in the family. Everytime I hear you speak, I feel like someone finally understands how I feel. Thank you for all that you are doing!

11. RRE
    May 24, 2010 at 10:08 pm

Holly, A BIG BIG thank you for bringing Autism Awareness to Nighttime TV.
    I appreciate your openness and honesty about Autism and your family. Thanks for helping Autism Speaks. Congrats! I have 2 sons on the spectrum as well. Enjoy your time with your family. I will be buying your snapple tomorrow. :)

12. rebecca wolski
    May 24, 2010 at 11:34 pm

Thank You. I have a 7 yr old boy on the spectrum and I have been trying to raise awareness in my state, Idaho for quite awhile. there is not much around me and nobody ever does anything in this area. I have been trying to become an advocate or start a walk here. must people if they do not have a child on the sceptrum r no somebody that does will not even talk to me. so THANK YOU again

13. Pamela
    May 25, 2010 at 12:27 am

Holly, both you and Bret were inspirations to watch each week. My heartfelt applause go to each of you for your tenacity and commitment to your charities.

I am the director for special programs in a rural Idaho school district. We are progressive in our efforts to afford students with special needs, including students with autism, the educational benefit they deserve from the public school system.

Parents often struggle through the process of eligibility determination and individual educational program development. Your efforts to help these parents is valiant in the attempt to lessen their burdens. Thank you! We have different roles, you and I, but I sense our vision and mission are virtually identical. Best to you, Holly.

14. Katie Wright
    May 25, 2010 at 11:31 am

We love you Holly!

15. Ron Smith
    May 29, 2010 at 6:46 am

Thanks for the role model mentoring your family is providing!

16. Gloria Morrow
    May 29, 2010 at 2:27 pm

WooHoo Holly way to go. I’m so proud of your efforts. You truly are amazing. My son has Aspergers. He is doing fantastic he has a great support system. Thank you for keeping our cause in the limelight !!!!