Home > Family Services > Get the Full View With Autism360!

Get the Full View With Autism360!

Lauren Brumbach Rothermel has two sons, 12 and 5, the older of which was diagnosed with PDD-NOS in 2000.  Shortly after his diagnosis in December, Lauren visited a DAN! Doctor, started him on the GF/CF diet and began intensive ABA.  She continues to work closely with physicians and other experts in trying new methodologies related to finding a cure for autism. She also served as president of the Berks Autism Society and spearheaded the first Walk for Autism Awareness in Berks County, that is in its 8th year.

I’d like to introduce you to a new website, Autism360.org.  Autism360 is a web-based tool for parents of autistic children.  This website gives parents the ability to build a profile of their child and compare their child to others.  This tool actually clusters children who share similar characteristics.  The best part is that you can see which treatment options seem to work best for children who look like your child.  You can then discuss these treatments with your health care providers or try them on your own.

Initially, basic information needs to be entered into the site to set up your child’s profile. You will add things like height and weight.  The next step asks you to enter specific information and history on your child.  When you are finished, you can do two things.  Click on “others like me” to see a cluster of children like your own.  This will show you the treatments that have worked and not worked for this group of children. You can also “generate a report”.  This is especially useful for therapists, doctors and anyone working with your child.

My son is now twelve years old.  I really wish I had a web tool such as Autism360 to use when he was first diagnosed.  I remember feeling completely alone and worried that I was the only one who was experiencing these new things.  Autism360 connects you to other children just like your child.  You learn that your child is not the “only one” and begin to feel much more connected. And you get some useful  ideas about treatment options.

I worked on inputting my son’s data one night after the kids went to bed.  It was very easy to do.  The great thing about Autism360 is that it saves all of your child’s information so you can come back to it later on. It is completely confidential and will generate reports for you so you don’t have to create them yourself!  Plus, it’s totally free and we love that!

I urge you to give it a try, you won’t be sorry!

1. Kathy Firak
    November 23, 2010 at 1:17 pm

Sign me up

2. Kathy Firak
    November 23, 2010 at 1:17 pm

Please sign me up

3. November 23, 2010 at 3:36 pm

As one of Sid Baker’s cofounders of Medigenesis, the engine behind Autism 360, I am beyond thrilled to have the site finally made easily accessible and useable for our our community. I knew from the minute Sid described his idea to me that this could be one of the most important research tools in existence for both individuals and scientists, looking to figure out what helps some children (but not others) and why. Autism 360 is something we can do, as a community, to help ourselves…bringing us back to Bernie Rimland’s fundamental idea of defeating autism now.
    Judy Chinitz

4. justamom
    November 23, 2010 at 6:41 pm

I have heard alot about autism-360 from my friends who have kids on the spectrum. I have not tried it yet, but am eager to do so.

5. November 24, 2010 at 6:51 am

Autism 360 is a great tool for tracking what stratagies you have tried with your child, and looking at new ones. Because you can see what has worked with other children who display the same types of symptoms,and what their response to treatment was, it can help you with decsion making. It is a very detailed system, that is VERY easy to use and comprehensive. I highly reccomend checking it out and giving it a try.

6. Sarah
    November 24, 2010 at 8:52 am

Thank you Autism Speaks for sharing this resource with us.

7. yi
    November 24, 2010 at 9:25 am

This website really help ,I entered my son’s information ,build his profile .It’s useful for doctors to make a diagnosis . It’s easy to update ,then you can see the treatments that have worked or not . I love it .

8. Michele Mysiuk
    December 4, 2010 at 10:30 am

anything about children with autism who Do not speak at all My nephew is 12 and dont speak and doesnt use a computer but he does let you know what he wants by pointing or getting it himself BUT when he hurts or is sick its hard to tell what is wrong with him I was wondering if their was any tests or research int o y this happens to some of these kids