Home > Awareness > John Robison to Appear on ‘Ingenius Minds’

John Robison to Appear on ‘Ingenius Minds’

Tune in on Thursday, February 24 at 10 p.m. EST to see John Elder Robison appear on Ingenious Minds.

Ingenious Minds enters the lives of savants: individuals who possess an extraordinary ability in areas such as art, music and mathematics, while also suffering from intellectual and developmental disabilities.

John Robison never had a high school degree, but he worked as a highly skilled mechanical engineer designing sound equipment, special effects, cutting-edge toys, nuclear test apparatus, and medical lasers.

John is a savant with Asperger’s Syndrome, which has given him a preternatural understanding of mechanics, but has made his social and work life exceptionally challenging. For more information about this episode, visit here.

1. cath
    February 18, 2011 at 11:03 am

I will definitely have to watch this. My 17 year old daughter is severely autistic, cannot speak and has no communication YET she can sing beautifully and knows all the words of every song she sings.

2. Sandy Scot Greene
    February 19, 2011 at 1:00 am

I look forward to watching them myself Cath it was funny my Son( Autism Spectrum already had these shows set to record before I even new of them. :) What a blessing to have such a talent as your daughter :)Sandy

3. February 20, 2011 at 9:25 pm

Very much looking forward to watching John during the February 24th episode. I know him personally. Worked at a Marina for many years and John had a boat there. Although he was socially challenged, I enjoyed some very intelligent conversations with john over several years and actually looked forward to him coming in to the Marina. John always had very interesting facts and information to share. Yes, most people did not understand him and seemed rather intimidated or afraid of his demeanor and character, even being abbrassive, however, I found him to be someone who sincerely was intelligent with a non caring attitude of what others thoughts about him. I had no idea of his challenges, consider him a brilliant man who was always friendly to me. I wish John the best….
    Debbie

4. February 22, 2011 at 8:57 pm

5. Elaine Maxwell
    February 25, 2011 at 12:03 am

Really enjoyed Ingenious Minds with John Elders Robison. He is an amazing savant!! I really enjoyed reading his book “Look me in the eyes”. I’ve never watched the show before. I have my DVR set to record every episode. Very informative. I have an 11 year old Autistic son and watching the show gave me some hope. I hope John Robison has continued success. Looking forward to future books! :)

6. Merv Dirkse
    November 11, 2011 at 9:50 pm

John Robison
    You have given me hope for my grandson, Jake. Today he is a senior in high school, exceptional mind, but lacks social skills. He is diagnosed with Absberger Syndrome.
    Could you direct us in getting the help that you have received?

7. Wayne S
    December 16, 2011 at 10:34 am

Watched the episode that of Ingenious Minds that you were on. You are an extraordinary person and and inspiration to those with or without Asperbergers. . My 13 year old stepdauhghter Emma has high functioning Aspergers. She is extremely smart (Straight A student), very gifted in music as she plays twoi instruments (the clarient and piano)and loves and is extremely talent in writing and drawing. We want to do everything to help her assimilate into society better and be more social . I wonder where I can find more info on the procedure you had done and if it’s been approved by the FDAl. y . Also, do you think this has the possibility of curing some people who are battling Asperbergers?

1. February 18, 2011 at 10:41 am