Home > Awareness > Catching Up with Zev and Justin from Amazing Race

Catching Up with Zev and Justin from Amazing Race

The Amazing Race:Unfinished Business,’ returns to a cast of familiar faces looking to make good on their mistakes. Tune in for the premier, Sunday February 20, 8/7  EST.

Zev and Justin’s friendship started six years ago when they were working as camp counselors and the two have been very close ever since.  Zev has Asperger’s Syndrome, but they don’t let it affect their relationship.  They share friends and interests, and the friendship is as mutually beneficial as any could be.

For more on Zev and Justin, check out their ‘Amazing Race’ Biography.

Are you excited about the upcoming season of Amazing Race?
Justin Kanew: We are really excited!

How are you guys connected?
J: We both went to Greylock Camp in Massachusetts as kids and was a little older…
Zev Glassenberg: You are still older than me…
J: (Laughs) I came back as a counselor and we ran a world-class flag football program together.

Why did you choose to come back?
Z: Well, we wanted to come back for redemption and also for an amazing adventure.
J: I was literally praying for the opportunity to return since Camp Zobio when we lost the passport.

What makes you guys such a good pair?
J: Zev says he’s the amazing and I’m the race!

What is the game plan for this season?
Z: Well we just want to win and to have a good time and compete the best we can. We just will rely on each other and not on other people.
J: We also want to keep up a good attitude and just to be good to each other. We do not trust anybody! Just wanted to make sure we were standing on our own feet

Zev, how does having Asperger’s Syndrome affect you as a player in Amazing Race.
Z: The first time I was going into this brand new world and didn’t know what to expect. I had to change my routine and that was bothersome and worrisome. This time I knew more of what to expect, but it was still worried.

What is it like being back on The Amazing Race?
Z: Amazing. I lived my dream twice! I had a blast! I want to do it again and again and again. They should just have us on every season!
J: Ha, Ha, Ha!

So what are your day jobs?
Z: I’m an aspiring actor.
J: I work for National Lampoon making movies. It is a fun place to be.

What are your hobbies and interests?
Z: Reading books.
J: And rooting for the lakers
Z: I’d say that’s an interest.
J: Explain your art
Z: I do stuff with whole punches. I use a special paper and punch holes then glue whole punches into a design.

We have to ask, did you hang onto your passports this time around?
J: Heyyoooo!
Z: We were checking every 5 minutes.
J: I thought we’d get through one interview without that question! Zev had permission to ask me every 5 seconds. We were constantly checking!
Z: It was like a newborn baby. We wanted to make sure it was there and alive!

Catch up with the guys on Twitter at  @zevglassenberg and @justin_kanew

Make sure to tune into the Amazing Race, Sunday, February 20th on CBS! Check your local listings.

1. February 20, 2011 at 1:31 pm

hi im dalaysa chisholm when i hard about autism speaks i well. i was digicnos with autism an MR and that dosent bother me i what to be a cartoonest and movie maker for people with aspbergers syndrume you think thats cool it will be on the computer cheeper then a movie theiters.

2. February 20, 2011 at 1:41 pm

and im making comics for people at age 18 oh i al most for got my movie pictures will be called A.P.U. and it will be comdeys movies. but i what to meet people like me with aspbergers or autism like a covinion thats what i wont.

3. Daphne Pusey
    February 20, 2011 at 4:42 pm

My son has Asperger’s, so our entire family was rooting for you guys last time. We also enjoy your sense of humor and are looking forward to seeing that again. I was so excited to see you guys return for this season and I hope to see you on every episode. GOOD LUCK!!!

4. Seraphina
    February 20, 2011 at 11:52 pm

I just love Amazing Race and was really pleased to hear that you would participate this season! I rooted for you guys in Season 15 and am hoping that you finish and win the million this time!

5. February 22, 2011 at 8:54 pm

6. Annia
    March 7, 2011 at 2:37 pm

Good luck Zev & Justin. You guys are fun to watch. Keep it going!!!

7. Melanie Poirier
    April 10, 2011 at 8:31 pm

I am so proud of you Zev!!! I just saw you in India…Yikes I can’t even imagine!
    You guys are doing awesome!!!
    Keep it up!

8. VICKY
    May 1, 2011 at 4:57 pm

I HAVE BEEN ROOTING FOR YOU GUYS AGAIN. MY GRANDSON HAS ASPERGERS AND I CAN ONLY HOPE HE HE HAS A FRIEND LIKE JUSTIN SOME DAY.. GOOD LUCK ZEV AND JUSTIN!!!

9. Noelle Loberg
    May 8, 2011 at 10:12 pm

I’m so inspired by you Zev! It feels good to see someone with the same disorder I have, racing on TV! Even if you didn’t win you accomplished something! And that’s huge for Aspergers! And didn’t even know you had it til they mentioned it. Thank you for inspiring me. I know I’ll go very far in this world even with my disorder, now that I’ve seen it first hand. Great Job guys! :)

1. February 26, 2011 at 11:04 am