Home > Awareness > 2011 ‘Light It Up Blue’ Photos

2011 ‘Light It Up Blue’ Photos

Check out how our community is already ‘Lighting Up Blue!’

Be sure to download the free ‘Light It Up Blue‘ app from the iTunes store!

Please submit your photos to bluephotos@autismspeaks.org

1. karen poncho
    March 9, 2011 at 3:25 pm

my son was diagnosed with autism pdd-nos last year @ 2 1/2 yrs of age. I want to be involved with any autism awareness programs. Karen Zuni nm

2. tania segura
    March 9, 2011 at 3:30 pm

i luv this site it has so much info , i have a daughter that has autism she is 10 & it’s nice to know we r not alone in all of it & people r so supported

3. Michele Ganz
    March 9, 2011 at 4:20 pm

my son was diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder coupled with adhd and insomnea. He was diagnosed when he was 4 and he just celebrated his 7th birthday this past saturday.

4. Teresa Bough
    March 9, 2011 at 4:55 pm

My son was diagonosed when he was 3 & half. He will turn 11 this May, I have learned so much from him & from all the wonderful organizations formed because of children like him. We are blessed for each day, no matter how challenging they may be.

5. andrea pitard
    March 9, 2011 at 5:15 pm

hi my son josh is now 16 he was diagnosed at age 8 with pdd- nos i new he was autistic when he was born from faiular to thrieve non verbal till almost 4 very violant would play in a circle of toys and rock back and fourth sometimes he would knock his crib over from rocking he was also a runner when he learned to walk it was a run at about 17 months he is now in a very good program for kids wit autism spectrim disorders he’s getting a’s and b’s learning life skills evn has aob i am so prud of the yng man hehs urned it

6. Colleen
    March 9, 2011 at 7:47 pm

Our daughter was diagnosed when she was just 20 months old. We had no idea all the work that it would take to help her learn to communitcate, tolerate and integrate into “our” world. Back then hardly anyone had any idea of what autism is/was. Now she is 16….and we are so thankful to be be a part of HER world. She continues to amaze us daily and put smiles on the faces of so many people on a daily basis. We love the community, resources that have grown through the years and hope other families who are struggling with behaviors, melt-downs, and such have hope, never give up, and continue to set realistic goals towards independance and quality of life. Some how now, it seems easier, calmer and works.

7. bernadette archie
    March 9, 2011 at 11:19 pm

MY SON PRINCEBERNARD WAS DIAGNOISED WITH SEVERE AUTISM AT THE AGE OF THREE. HE WAS NORMAL UP UNTIL HE TURN THREE..I NOTICE THE CHANGE IN HIM RIGHT AWAY ALTHOUGH HE DOSENT TALK NOT I HAVE LEARN TO UNDERSTAND AN PUT MYSELF IN HIS WORLD AN THANK GOD CONSTANTLY FOR THE OPPOTUNITY TO HAVE A SPECIAL CHILD THAT I WOULDHT TRADE FOR THE WORLD I JUST WISH WE COULD BE RECONIZE IM REALLY ADMIRE THE ORGANIZATION BECAUSE IT LETS ME KNOW WE ARE NOT ALONE THANK YOU AN BLESS YOU!!

8. Angela
    March 22, 2011 at 3:34 pm

I love all of the pictures of these beautiful kids. They mame me smile. My 2 1/2 yr old son is autistic. He is one special boy. I am so grateful to be his mommy.

9. Lori Andrews
    March 22, 2011 at 3:51 pm

My son Jack is my world. He was diagnosed at 18 months. I just knew something wasn’t right. He is a highly functional PDD-NOS little boy. This does not define my son. What does define him, is his love for music and dancing and hugging and kissing. He is by far the most lovable child anyone could ever ask for. He will stop what he is doing and ask me for a hug. I love my son more than life itself. I will fight for the rest of my life for my son. I will not let Autism win, that is not an option for us. Jack will overcome this, I promised him and I promised myself. Believe me!! I believe that we caught this early enough and has been in therapy for over 2 years, he is going to win!!
    All I ask for are the SMALL VICTORIES!!

10. Jessica Nelson
    March 22, 2011 at 4:19 pm

It is so nice to see parents talking about their kids and seeing the happy pictures here. I am an Early Childhood Special Education teacher and I work with early intervention for children under 3. I love to refer to this site and this blog. It is so comforting for other parents whose children have recently been diagnosed to see that they are not alone and there are other families learning and working with their children. God Bless You ALL!!

11. Stefanie
    March 22, 2011 at 6:11 pm

My son is 10-years-old and we just got diagnosed 7 months ago (even though we already knew) :)…..it is great to know we are not alone. Thank you