Home > Awareness > Sneak Peek at ‘BE DIFFERENT’ by John Elder Robison

Sneak Peek at ‘BE DIFFERENT’ by John Elder Robison

1. March 15, 2011 at 3:49 pm

Thank you John Elder. We coined the concept ‘uniquely different’ when referring to our sons atypical behaviors, hi-tech preferences, sensory processing integration needs/diet. He enjoys life! Sharing with our developmental disabilities advocacy community of microbloggers and social networkers: ‘Enjoying The Hi5s of Aurism-A FAMILY EXPERIENCE’ AT http://FAMILYENJOYINGHI5AUTISM.BLOGSPOT.com

2. March 15, 2011 at 4:41 pm

Okay Autism Spectrum community… Let’s support ‘BEING DIFFERENT’.

3. Jeanne O'Connor
    March 15, 2011 at 11:05 pm

2 very Dear Friends of mine have Children with Autism. Also, I am a Mental Health Nurse. Thank You! :)

Sincerely,
    Jeanne

4. Meg
    March 16, 2011 at 12:24 am

Very interesting book excerpt, John. Thank you for sharing.
    My grandson is ASD, and I found your book to be a light into his perception of life.

Incidentally, you were not incorrect in eating asparagus using your fingers; this is acceptable, I looked it up online. Shame on that girl for her uncalled-for horror. She was the one being rude by her reaction.

5. Deborah Corrao
    March 16, 2011 at 12:51 pm

Can someone please tell me how to make people understand children Autism. There are so many people that just don’t get it. I have awonderful son that has Autism and people in his life just don’t understand him.

• March 16, 2011 at 6:53 pm

I had the privilege of getting a advanced copy, review, and give it away on my blog. It is well worth every penny of it. Especially for those that are around you that are still skeptical or just don’t get it. It only took me two days to read it and that is with three kids. My aspie son enjoyed it too.