Home > Awareness > 6 Days Left Until Light It Up Blue

6 Days Left Until Light It Up Blue

The countdown is on to April 1st! World Autism Awareness Month is in reach and we are so excited to Light It Up Blue! Every day, leading up to the big day we’ll post highlights, a special interview and much more!

Who’s Lighting It Up Blue?

More than 500 buildings and communities are lighting it up blue! Niagara Falls will be lighting up blue again!

Visit www.lightitupblue.org to get pledge your support and get involved!

Community Spotlight

Today’s virtual interview is with Janelle V. from Bloomington, Ind.

Autism Speaks: What are you Lighting Up Blue?
Janelle V.:
We are lighting our chapter house blue to show Alpha Xi Delta’s support for World Autism Awareness Day to the rest of the greek community near by! We will be passing out blue ribbons leading up to this day and want the community to help us recognize World Autism Awareness Day.

AS: How are you going to light your chapter house blue?
JV: We will be placing blue spot lights in our front lawn and lighting up the front of the house!

AS: What would you like to see lit up next year?
JV: We would love to see buildings in downtown Bloomington lit up!

Are you lighting up blue too? Take this quick and easy survey to tell us how!

Blue Website Builder of the Day

Tara Currence is our Blue Website Builder of the Day! Check out her page! She has built this website for her son, Jack, who has been diagnosed with autism. She has already surpassed her fundraising goal!

You can build a Blue website too! Just visit this link and get started!

Take the Pledge to go blue and help us shine a light on autism!

1. March 26, 2011 at 11:06 am

I write a blog called, Change The World; Write A Song. I often write about my son who has Asperger’s Syndrome. He is 17 years old and a singer/songwriter. Music has been a tool he uses to understand himself and others better. If this sounds like something you are interested in subscribing to; go here http://jenadouglas.wordpress.com/2011/03/25/autism-sings/

2. Kristin LaMoure
    March 26, 2011 at 12:26 pm

I built a page and copied the link given, and it says that there is no security clearance for the page. I’ve tried to different computers, and the link will not pop up. How are people supposed to donate on my team, if they can’t view my son’s web page I built through you guys?

Please respond.

3. Grisel L Smith
    March 26, 2011 at 12:40 pm

My son, TJ with Aspergers, 13yrs old, is doing awesome and through music, religion and yoga has helped him cope through life daily challenges. He sings and plays piano and makes his own music too. I count my blessings everyday for such a beautiful and talented young man he is becoming ;-) Love, Mommy and his best advocate too! Light up Blue!!!

4. March 27, 2011 at 12:27 am

To all those affected by a loved on with Autism. I would love to share a product that is making a huge difference for people

• March 27, 2011 at 12:29 am

Please contact me we have a product that there is much testamony of what it is doing.
      God Bless Maggie

• March 28, 2011 at 5:28 pm

Hi Maggie,

Yes, there are some wonderful products on the market that can help. Thank you! My husband and I started our beautiful 9 year old son who is challenged with Autism on a nutritional supplement 115 days ago that has worked wonders … noticed by family, friends, teachers and doctors … one missing piece of the puzzle at a time.

God Bless,

Stephanie

5. March 29, 2011 at 11:16 pm

We have decided to go big for “Light it up Blue”, 12 locations in 3 cities across Texas!