Home > Autism Speaks U > Spotlight on Kyle Cousins

Spotlight on Kyle Cousins

We are thrilled to announce that Kyle Cousins will be hosting  a LIVE Facebook Chat on April 20 at 1pm EST!

Kyle is a 20 year-old singer-songwriter who also happens to have autism. He began his journey with autism at two years old by losing all his language. Through years of intensive interventions and family support he has made continual progress; so much so that now he loves nothing better than to express himself onstage through his music. Cousins champions the autism awareness movement in his anthem “Everybody Wants to Be Heard,” now the theme song for Autism Speaks and it’s campaign Walk Now for Autism Speaks. He is proud to be a source of hope and inspiration for the autism community.

Kyle will be teaming up with Autism Speaks U and SHARETHEMIC to debut his band in New York City, April 21 at the UC Lounge. Doors open at 7pm ET, bands start at 8pm. All proceeds from this concert goes to Autism Speaks U. We’d love for you to come out and show your support! See poster below for details. This is a 21 and over event.

1. Claudia Parker
    April 13, 2011 at 8:01 pm

So wonderful to hear your story, how can we listen to your music been so far away? Alaska will be glad to her from u.

2. April 14, 2011 at 12:31 am

Best of luck to you Kyle! You’ll do great. Say hello to Iroc for me.

CariQ

• Kyle Cousins
      April 18, 2011 at 10:14 am

thanks, lol; great to hear from you again Cari!

3. Katie Wright
    April 14, 2011 at 10:17 am

I have seen Kyle sing.
    He is absolutely incredible.
    Kyle’s voice is among the best I have ever heard live in concert.

4. Maria
    April 18, 2011 at 9:52 am

Hello my son is Autistic n hes non verbal… But what did u do that u can speak… my son has a voice but he cant speak like u n me….Plz help… mY son loves music he tries to say the words….. but he humms them…..thanbks again … desperate mother…..

5. Lucy Allen
    April 20, 2011 at 1:11 pm

Hi! My son loves music videos do you have any dvds?

6. devoted mother
    April 20, 2011 at 9:49 pm

Hello, your story is wonderful and gives me hope for my son. He is 3 years old and for the most part he is non verbal…..he says little things like mama, dada, baba, but not consistently? Any advise would be very much appreciated…Thanks again

1. April 13, 2011 at 7:53 pm