Home > Awareness, Corporate Sponsors > Tune In: FedEx 400 benefiting Autism Speaks on Sunday, May 15

Tune In: FedEx 400 benefiting Autism Speaks on Sunday, May 15

On May 15, NASCAR comes to Dover International Speedway! Sunday’s FedEx 400 Benefiting Autism Speaks starts at 1 p.m. EST on Fox. Look out for the #11 FedEx/Autism Speaks car driven by Denny Hamlin. If he wins, FedEx donates an additional $100,000 to Autism Speaks! Check local listings for time and channel in your area.

The #11 FedEx Toyota Camry NASCAR Sprint Car

1. May 14, 2011 at 3:34 pm

My son would love to see this car he is 13 high function he really wants to see it if u ever bring to kc let us know! Carla Marrs

2. Pat Taylor
    May 14, 2011 at 5:01 pm

I’ll definitely be watching Denny drive that car. I so much appreciate Fed/Ex’s hopeful donation to those who have autism. My one grandson suffers with it, along with his amazing family. I lived with them for nearly three years, and he’s always been near and dear to my heart. Of course, I worked with him on shapes, letters and numbers—–those memories that I’ll cherish forever. Just get to talk with him and his family by phone now, but he will always be my very special boy—I love him so much.

3. Robert Graham
    May 15, 2011 at 2:50 pm

I hope they come out with die-cast replicas of this car, it looks great!! Thank you FedEx for promoting Autisum awareness. We have a son with autism and for people to understand him and others with autism, society needs to be educated on it.

4. May 15, 2011 at 5:44 pm

my name is larry mccubbin i’am 32 years old and i’am battle with autism

5. Sarah
    May 17, 2011 at 8:15 am

And a spectacular race it was! My family attended the race—drove from the Boston/Providence area for the weekend just to see the race!!! My daughter, Katherine, who has autism, is a GINORMOUS NASCAR fan and she was so thrilled to see her first race in person! (My husband, Tom, my son, Patrick who has Asperger’s syndrome, and me, were also VERY thrilled to be there!) The amount of autism awareness created at this event was wonderful to see; the volunteers at all the Autism Speaks booths were working hard to create awareness and were so pleasant and upbeat!!! Thanks to FedEx for sponsoring this race!!
    Thanks to Denny Hamlin for driving the beautiful #11 Autism Speaks car too—sorry you didn’t win but you helped a lot of families of children with autism “win” on Sunday!! Can’t wait ’til next year!

1. May 26, 2011 at 4:59 pm