Home > Family Services > Family Services ’100 Day Tool Kit’ LIVE Facebook Chat

Family Services ’100 Day Tool Kit’ LIVE Facebook Chat

Join us Wednesday, June 22nd at 5 pm EST for an online Facebook chat with the Family Services Staff. Using the 100 Day Tool Kit as our guide, we will focus on what you can do during the first 100 days following your child’s diagnosis and the steps you can take to get stated.

1. sylvia cainas figueroa
    June 20, 2011 at 10:31 am

I have been helping a center of autistic children in Havana. This center is funded by Caritas. In my last visit on November 2010 we invited the head therapist to come to Miami to be trained and to be exposed to the latest therapies and procedures for such children. She is a very capable,knowledgeable, professional and energetic young lady. She will be here in September and her visit will be for one month.
    My question is, do you have a group or center located in the Miami area that she could visit and be trained? Please let me know as we really want her to receive as much as we can provide her. In this center in Havana they are doing the best they can, but they lack materials and books on the latest advances in therapies and procedures.
    I am the grandmother of an autistic child. He is 8 years old and after many therapies is doing just great. He will be in third grade this coming fall at a public school here in Miami, and as a grateful grandmother I started being involved with this group in Cuba to give back of all the blessing we have received.

2. June 20, 2011 at 1:23 pm

This toolkit and LIVE Facebook chat is such a great idea. I definitely will be attending!

3. Linda Abel
    June 22, 2011 at 1:58 pm

This coming Friday my grandson is going in for testing on Autism. My daughter, his Mommy is such a strong woman, and very tuned in with her son. I think it’s a great thing that there support programs for relatives and loved ones to be taught what this is all about and the correct things to do with this disorder. We are in the Tampa Bay area of Florida. Is there any support groups in this area?

4. Donna
    June 22, 2011 at 4:53 pm

my daughter’s son has Autism,she and her fiance’ have the most patient with him,They r awesome parents,love u both Tiffany & jason and Blake,,,,,,,<3

5. Ashley
    June 22, 2011 at 5:08 pm

I have a 10year old son with Autism, he was diagnosed in 2003…..EARLY INTERVENTION IS THE KEY!!

6. June 24, 2011 at 7:00 pm

i have a 4 year old son that was diagnosed with autism almost 2 years ago..he could hardly talk or communicate but he can now speak 2 word sentences..EARLY INTERVENTION IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!