Home > Awareness > Thank You Pink and Carey Hart!

Thank You Pink and Carey Hart!

We would like to congratulate Pink and Carey Hart on the birth of their daughter, Willow, and thank them for their generous donation to Autism Speaks.

“Even as Carey and I celebrate the joys of our own new baby girl, it is not at all lost on us that too many of our friends, fans and families are facing autism spectrum disorders without enough answers and without enough support.  We just want the autism community to know that you are not alone and we are with you!” – P!nk (Alecia) & Carey Hart

For more visit P!nk’s site where, in an  ‘Important Note From P!nk,’ she writes:

“In the interest of full disclosure: (AND BECAUSE I TELL IT LIKE I SEE IT) Due to the unsettling, surprisingly aggressive and unsafe measures that the paparazzi seem to be willing to go to in order to secure that “first shot” of our daughter–stalking us, chasing us in cars and sitting outside of our home all day and all night, as new parents Carey and I decided that we would release personal photos of our Willow, and donate all of the money to charity.

We will be donating the money to children’s’ charities, among them one of our favorites, the Ronald McDonald House, an organization that houses and cares for the families of sick children so they can be together during treatment, as well as Autism Speaks.”

Photo Credit: People Magazine

1. Jennifer
    June 23, 2011 at 1:13 pm | #1

I think that is amazing! If companies are going to pay ridiculous amounts of money for pictures of a baby, at least the money will be going to a great cause. If they want a picture of a beautiful baby, they can have one of my daughter for free… not going to find a more beautiful girl than her!

• Hackeber
      July 8, 2011 at 12:47 pm | #2

What ? My son is the most beautiful kid in the world. =O) Im pretty sure your baby is beautifu!

Great for Pink ! more money for Autism Speaks

2. Annie Short-Ellis
    June 23, 2011 at 1:17 pm | #3

Way to go Pink and Carey, u guys ROCK! Congratulations on your new baby, Willow!

3. gina michel
    June 23, 2011 at 1:23 pm | #4

As a parent of a beautiful girl with Autism and from all the parents with children with Autism we thank you both !!! God Bless your family !!!

4. June 23, 2011 at 1:23 pm | #5

What a wonderful and unselfish thing to do. I wish they would be left alone more.

5. June 23, 2011 at 1:34 pm | #6

Thank you pink and Carey for your generosity! I have an 11 yo with autism and greatly appreciate your acknowledgment of this disorder! And btw you are one of my favorite singers! Real life lyrics! Love it, sista!

6. nancy reyes
    June 23, 2011 at 1:41 pm | #7

Congratulations on your new baby girl!!!! I think it is amazing what you guys have done!!! As a mom, with an autistic son, I would just like to say thank you! I am truly grateful for your generosity!!!

7. mandi
    June 23, 2011 at 1:52 pm | #8

Thank you Hart family that’s incredibly gracious ( a donation & awareness awesome! ) ! I pray your family can rest & they leave you guys alone now. Stay safe GOD bless! <3

8. Kandi Adams
    June 23, 2011 at 2:07 pm | #9

Wow! as a parent of a child who was diagnosed as being severly autistic. We thank you for the generous donation. You guys rock! Congrats on the new baby.

9. Eileen Gillette
    June 23, 2011 at 2:35 pm | #10

If only the people who are willing to pay for a picture were willing to donate the same money to charity, maybe our priorities in this country wouldn’t be so backwards! Thanks for trying to give them the message Pink and Carey!

10. Laura
    June 23, 2011 at 2:54 pm | #11

Thank you Pink & Carey and congratulations on the birth of your beautiful Willow from me and my 17 year old Aspie. :)

11. June 23, 2011 at 4:41 pm | #12

Thank you so very much! Pink n Carey-you rock!!! Congrats also on the birth of your beautiful daughter -beautiful name too-god bless you and your family!

12. June 23, 2011 at 5:52 pm | #13

Congrats, to Pink and Carey Hart on the birth of their new baby Girl, Willow! That’s a wonderful thing to donate to Autism Speaks, so that more Autism Awareness can spread Globally to help others learn about this Organization for our children, for my daughter Alanis D Newell with ASD.

13. WendyF
    June 23, 2011 at 7:26 pm | #14

What a classy move! Thought they were great before and let’s me know I was right….

14. Mommyto1
    June 23, 2011 at 8:31 pm | #15

Congrats on the birth of your beautiful baby girl. As a parent of a 4 year old son with autism, I think it’s so wonderful that you’ve chosen to donate to Autism Speaks.

15. Katie Wright
    June 24, 2011 at 9:13 am | #16

Wow that is so nice!!!

16. Patti Crockett
    June 24, 2011 at 9:55 am | #17

Congrats! I just want to also say THANK YOU for your donation to Autism Speaks, as a mom of 2, 1 autistic and 1 with aspergers. My kids love your music, there favorite song is Raise your Glass! Good Luck and God Bless!

17. Theresa
    June 24, 2011 at 5:12 pm | #18

I wish them privacy…but since they won’t get it I thank them for their donation to Autism Speaks as well as Ronald McDonald house. <3 Pink

18. June 24, 2011 at 8:25 pm | #19

Thank u Pink and family- this means the world to so many of us and our kids. Hugs to you and kisses to that sweet baby girl of yours!

19. candicew
    June 26, 2011 at 9:36 am | #20

U and Cary r amazing and thank you so much for everything you are doing…Congrads on your beautiful baby girl

20. Donna
    June 26, 2011 at 11:37 pm | #21

Thank you Pink and Carey for the wonderful donation to Autism Speaks! My son is 14 and has Aspergers and is an amazing child. Congratulations on your baby girl Willow – I wish you peace!

21. lisa hughes
    June 27, 2011 at 9:38 pm | #22

I want to thank You Pink and your husband for the kind act that you have showed. I hope that many more people will see the need to help families who are in this situation. I have a beautiful son who was diagnosed at the tender age of two with the Autism spectrum. I have been dealt this hand and so now I must play it. I love everything about him and I know he will be ok with the support from my husband and faamily members. thank you again.

22. Lori McEwen
    June 28, 2011 at 12:42 am | #23

I would like to thank you very much. I am the mother of three beautiful kids and just found out my two year old son has a form of Autism. i am still in the phase of life where i am learning about it and the amazing help my son will be receiving with the kindness and generosity of you and your husband. I know I have wondered what did I do, but the more i will learn than i will realize more about Autism and what i need to do for my son. With your help my son Dylan will get the help he needs and i know he will be a beautiful, productive person in this world. Congrats on the baby, lots of love for you and your family. thank you

23. Cinda B
    June 28, 2011 at 3:02 pm | #24

Pink n Carey…can you see already how many families you have affected?? <3 I am blessed with a very special boy and am so thankful for you bringing awareness. You are a beautiful family.

24. sue ann
    June 28, 2011 at 4:53 pm | #25

Congrats Pink and Carey on new baby Willow. And many many thank yous for your generous hearts. I have a seven year old with autism and hopefully the more awareness being made the easier it will be for our children to receive care, research and recreational activities.

Many thanks to Autism Speaks for their tireless work they do.

25. ELizabeth Rojas
    June 29, 2011 at 3:13 pm | #26

Thank you Pink and Carey and congrats on Baby girl Miss WIllow!
    I have my grandson Isaiah who is now 4 years old who has autism and all the money Autism Speaks receives goes for the research to help our SPECIAL JOYS in our lives. I have always loved your music Pink and wish to see you in concert one day. I am a heart patient, have a disabled husband Vincent with seizures and cant really afford to see you in concert. My wish is to meet you one day and enjoy your beautiful music which keeps me strong.
    Thank you and enjoy Miss WIllow and great job Carey for loving PINK always!
    Love ya, Elizabeth Rojas in Claremont CA
    Elizabeth@laairbalance.com

26. karen cornell
    June 30, 2011 at 10:39 pm | #27

What a great way to keep their familiy safe, and to help other families at the same time!!!!! Thank you Pink and Carey!!!!! Congrats on tour new baby girl Willow! You guys have a great heart, and will be great parents!!!! My 4 year old autistic son thanks you :)))))

27. kay
    June 30, 2011 at 11:38 pm | #28

Thanks you so much Pink and Carey that was so nice & Congratulation on your new baby girl God bless you guys:)

28. Lorraine
    July 2, 2011 at 8:23 am | #29

I always knew I liked Pink…I’m in my 60′s and I find her to be someone who knows who she is…and I really love some of her songs….Nice to see she is as special as I always thought she was
    As someone who’s grandson was diagnosed last week…I really appreciate what they are doing

29. jenny
    July 2, 2011 at 11:53 am | #30

glad to see celebrities doing something meaningful

30. July 3, 2011 at 9:45 pm | #31

I’d like to show Pink and Carey my love and gratitude for what they’ve done and how much it means to families that have a loved one with Autism. My 4 year old son Nathan Lee Calkins just got diagnosed with Autism. It’s been hard, for me to take in and understand. But knowing there are people out there who care and that your not the only one helps you get through. Congrats to you on your new addition Willow! There’s no love like the love you feel from your child Enjoy!

31. Allie
    July 4, 2011 at 3:40 am | #32

I will return the favor and buy the albums, and not click the pap shots…deal? Thank you again for supporting two wonderful charties.

32. Courtney Gonzalez
    July 4, 2011 at 10:24 pm | #33

I loved Pink as an performer and artist but now I have so much more respect for her for helping a charity that I think gets over looked a lot of times …thank you and I know one day my son and other children with autisum will thank you as well

33. July 5, 2011 at 9:15 am | #34

Thank you and Congratulations,Love Ya!

34. John Gray
    July 6, 2011 at 8:07 pm | #35

Wow, I knew who Pink was but was neutral on being a fan. This truly shows what she is made of and I AM now a fan. thanks for supporting Autism and ADS

35. Madeleine
    July 7, 2011 at 2:09 pm | #36

A fan from the beginning, Pink … b/c YOU DO TELL IT LIKE YOU SEE IT !!! A beautiful, phenomenal and empowering, wonderfully admirable trait I’m sure your daughter will soon learn … from you and Carey. Your generosity in kind speaks volumes for the love and care you have for each other and your communities … both near and at large. May your lives continue w/ many Blessings and Much Love. Thank you …

36. Amy
    July 8, 2011 at 12:48 pm | #37

Thanks! You two truly ROCK! I’m yet another ASD mom who wants to show her appreciation. From various talk show appearances, I’ve always thought you two were classy, intelligent people with big hearts… you’ve confirmed my impressions once again!

37. Maribel Boneta
    July 8, 2011 at 1:25 pm | #38

I and my husband has always been fans…now not only do we enjoy your cds but now we feel pride and honor..THANK YOU!!! I have a 12 year old son with autism and i am going to ask him to type a thank you note from his own hand to you and Carey.

Dear MS.Pink And Carey Thank you for Donation Love Antonio.

38. Danyelle Jolly
    July 8, 2011 at 2:29 pm | #39

I’ve got a very special little man in my life- diagnosed with autism in April, 2010. Thank you so much for your donation to Autism Speaks and may God bless your little lady! :)

39. Bobbi
    July 8, 2011 at 2:31 pm | #40

Thank you. It is so important that we get the message out. Research is all we can hope for. My beautiful daughter is happy, healthy and wonderful. We want the same opportunites for her in life as we all have. From our hearts, Thank you.

40. Elisa Luciano
    July 8, 2011 at 2:41 pm | #41

MAJOR CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR BUNDLE OF JOY…I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A FAN OF YOU PINK AND I’M 50! MY SON WAS A PERFECT BEAUTIFUL BOY WHEN HE WAS BORN AND NOW A HANDSOME FUNNY ANDSMART 14 YEAR OLD YOUNG MAN WITH AUTISM. WANTS TO BE A DJ, YOUR ONE OF THE MANY REASONS WHY. THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE SUPPORT! GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY! SMOOCHES!

41. July 8, 2011 at 2:53 pm | #42

God Bless You both and your new daughter Willow too. I am the proud parent of a wonderful 18 year old son with autism. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your generosity. Thanks for taking lemons – the paparazzi, and making lemonade – donations to deserving charities. You two definitely have your priorities straight. Your daughter is a lucky girl.

42. Denise
    July 8, 2011 at 4:43 pm | #43

Privacy nowadays seems hard for the average let alone celebrities like you two. That must be so annoying sometimes. Time is not money (like some stupid people think) and memories are free and most of all, everlasting.

My son who suffers from Autism has shown me what life is really about without even words. He has brought to a mind level I wish all people could feel. When you experience autism, like yourselves, at first-hand, it’s like stepping into another way of thinking and understanding. Who are we as a society, to determine “the proper way” to think or feel? I’m a lucky one to have shared this process and connected with my son and maybe, if we ALL stopped for a moment to shine light on life, really look and listen, we would realize the potenial of human connection that we so lack.

Enjoy and cherish every moment of your new life before you.
    PS. Luke loves listening to your music. He actually got me hooked. You’re awesome Pink. Just think, when you create words and song, you are using your right side of your brain just like my son is wired. That’s a great connection right there. Take care and sleep when you can. Love from Denise from BC, Canada.

43. Donna Messer in Citra, Florida @ Half Pint Acres
    July 9, 2011 at 11:23 am | #44

44. July 9, 2011 at 11:25 am | #45

Not possible to thank you enough!! Congrats on your addition. Your family is in our hearts! thank you for keeping our families in yours!

45. Donna Messer in Citra, Florida @ Half Pint Acres
    July 9, 2011 at 11:27 am | #46

I volunteer for a non profit therapeutic riding center in Florida and have found it to be the most rewarding thing I have ever done in my life, by far! I have finally found out the true meaning “tis better to give than receive”. I prayed to God and asked him to show me a way to serve and he answered me with this find. I would like everyone who has a chance to do something like that, it is an experience that is so worth wild that words can not express. God bless you all By the way we have autistic riders as well as persons with other disabilities.

46. Mary Tribl
    July 9, 2011 at 11:32 am | #47

Mary Tribl
    Congratulations on your baby girl. As a grandparent of a 13 yr. old autistic girl, I thank you for your support and great donations. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Much love to you and your family.

47. Leanne from Oz
    July 10, 2011 at 9:04 pm | #48

Thanks Pink & Carey for taking the time to acknowledge this disorder. You’ve shown yourselves to be ‘someone who cares’…and that’s worth more than any money…

48. Julie Poe
    July 11, 2011 at 1:20 pm | #49

Carey & Pink, you two are awesome for doing what you are doing. Us parents and advocates who have children with Autism are greatful for anyone that can take time out to help our children with Autism and care enough. We as parents always hate getting the “judgement” stares or anyone that doesn’t have a child with Autism thinks “oh it doesn’t effect us”…when it really effects everyone. We appreciate it.
    Thanks,
    Julie Poe of King George, VA

49. shamica emory
    July 12, 2011 at 12:06 am | #50

Hello Pink and Cary Hart,
    Just want to say congrats on the new bundle of joy. From a mother with an autistic daughter we just want to thank you for that. I’m not gone lie its hard raising and taking care of an autistic child. Its so much they or should i say we go through on a daily bases. I wish there is a cure but so far not. Since that is not in the picture as of now the only hope is that we get help not only from people but from the state as well. there can be a lot done if we only had the funds. Hopefully the money that you do get from the pictures will go to everyone in the USA. We need it.

50. July 12, 2011 at 1:36 pm | #51

thank you carey and pink my son and i are in a battle with ssi just because he turned 18 and got his diploma and has 2 friends he is no longer disabled. are you kidding me! i am fighting mad over this with out ssi my son will not get to go to collage he still has aspegers and is globely delayed and it was so nice to read about pink and carey thank you for showing us they care and giving me something to smile about

51. michelle
    July 13, 2011 at 11:39 pm | #52

My son has profound autism and I just want to say thank you. I run a karaoke class for disabled adults and there’s a few of your songs that come up. I didn’t know you supported autism until recently. Even before I knew it the “you are perfect”? Song made me think of my lil mister. He IS perfect. And you hold a lil place in my heart cuz its about the lil Huns w o a voice right? Good job…. my lil mister rocks to your tunes. He “gets it” but can’t say so. Thank you.

52. Cindy
    September 7, 2011 at 10:16 am | #53

I’m all for privacy. Thanks for using your celebrity status to help kids! YOU ROCK HARDER THAN EVER!