Home > Fundraising > Denis Leary Raises Laughter and Funds for Autism Organizations

Denis Leary Raises Laughter and Funds for Autism Organizations

Denis Leary hosted his “Thinning the Herd Comedy Tour” on Friday, July 8, at Mohegan Sun to benefit three autism organizations – Autism Speaks, The Genesis School in Long Island and Quality Services for the Autism Community serving NYC. In addition, the autism organizations were given tickets and special backstage passes to use as additional fundraisers.

The concert was made possible thanks to the generosity of Denis Leary and his friends who performed with him as well as Autism Speaks Board Member Chuck Saftler who is also the Executive Vice President of FX Networks as well as the General Manager of Fox Movie Channel. The comedy tour kicks off the final season of the popular FX show “Rescue Me,” starring Leary.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

1. Daniel Sogamoso
    July 11, 2011 at 11:36 am

That’s so awesome of Leary & FX, now do 1 in LA! Por favor…

2. Annie Short-Ellis
    July 11, 2011 at 11:55 am

Denis Leary ROCKS and Rescue Me is such a great show!

3. Paul's Mom
    July 11, 2011 at 12:30 pm

Ok, Denis. Now I guess I can forgive you for the insensitive remarks you made in your “Stupid” book about those affected with autism.

• Mdra
      July 12, 2011 at 2:40 pm

Thanks Paul’s mom. I hadn’t forgotten about those comments in his book either. I wondered why the turn around from his earlier attitude. If I remember right he alluded to the fact that autism didn’t exist and all the kids need is more discipline. Did he ever provide a retraction?

4. July 11, 2011 at 5:40 pm

I don’t care what you said in the past, present, or in the near future. Actions speak louder than words. As long as you keep helping my son who is autistic and children like him, you can do or say whatever you want. I’m not sensitive, I just want my 4 year old son to be able to talk and get in trouble like you. LOL…. Keep up the good work. If you care to look at the store, http://www.tailgatepartyking or charityblogonline.com , profits go directly to Autism or Epilepsy foundations, because my wife, Ryan’s mother, is Epileptic. Again, thanks… John Gibason..619 517 5502

5. robert
    July 11, 2011 at 6:34 pm

Too little too late …Denis Leary is a douchebag !!! Does he really think this makes things right with all the people who he pissed off…Not a chance

6. Nicole
    July 11, 2011 at 7:15 pm

As the mother of a son with Autism and a fan of Denis Leary, this put a smile on my face. I appreciate the generous gesture and the growing awareness as a result of this event.

7. Mike
    July 11, 2011 at 11:28 pm

Exactly. Was this community work service?

8. July 12, 2011 at 5:54 pm

I’m guessing that once was enlightened about what Autism is, he’s sincerely sorry.

9. October 18, 2011 at 5:16 pm

This is the best blog for anybody who desires to know about this topic. You know so significantly its nearly hard to argue with you (not that I actually would want…HaHa). You definitely place a new spin on a topic thats been written about for years. Fantastic stuff, just good!