Home > Awareness, Fundraising > Kansas’s ‘Dust in the Wind’ Anniversary Gift Book Available for Presale

Kansas’s ‘Dust in the Wind’ Anniversary Gift Book Available for Presale

“As a parent of a child with Autism, I know first hand what an organization like Autism Speaks can mean in finding a cure for this terrible disorder.

Therefore, in planning for the creation of this book, the book publishers, the writer of the song Kerry Livgren, and the guys in the band KANSAS, all felt that Autism Speaks would make perfect sense in receiving a portion of the books sales proceeds.

We are honored that AS joins us in commemorating this very special song, in book form.” – Phil Ehart/KANSAS

One of classic rock’s most instantly recognizable and enduring songs, ‘Dust in the Wind,’ will celebrate its 35th anniversary in 2012.  As part of the celebration for this one-of-a-kind tune (penned by Kerry Livgren and first recorded by the band KANSAS), a 35th anniversary limited edition gift book is being released.

This beautifully designed 6” x 6” hardcover gift book is four-color throughout, 32-pages, and includes song lyrics, personal stories from fans, and a foreword by Kerry Livgren.  Kerry Livgren will sign books ordered by October 20, 2011.  Books cost $20, plus shipping and handling, and are available for purchase exclusively at www.kansasband.com.

A portion of the proceeds from each book will benefit Autism Speaks, the nation’s largest autism science and advocacy organization.  “Autism Speaks is thrilled to have been selected by KANSAS to receive proceeds from this exciting project about this iconic song,” said Autism Speaks President Mark Roithmayr.  “The 35th Anniversary Dust in the Wind book will bring our message of awareness, treatment, and hope to a musical community of KANSAS fans through out the world.”

With their aforementioned self-titled first album released in 1974, KANSAS went on to become one of the decade’s most popular rock acts – issuing classic rock albums such as 1976’s ‘Leftoverture’ and 1977’s ‘Point of Know Return,’ along with the hit singles “Carry on Wayward Son” and “Dust In the Wind,” and “Point of Know Return.”  The band, which is comprised of singer/keyboardist Steve Walsh, guitarist Rich Williams, drummer Phil Ehart, bassist Billy Greer, and violinist David Ragsdale – continues to tour in front of large and enthusiastic audiences and to this day remain a fixture on classic rock radio.

FOR MORE INFORMATION, VISIT:

www.kansasband.com

www.facebook.com/kansasband

www.facebook.com/dustinthewindbook

1. t5winmom
    September 15, 2011 at 1:36 pm

Many heartfelt thanks to Kansas & Kerry Livgren for such a generous pledge. And thank you for the music that heal & soothes my heart!

2. Debbi
    September 15, 2011 at 2:45 pm

A very appropriate song to accompany the cause. Thank you to Kansas & Kerry Livgren for the support and publicity for Autism Speaks and autism awareness.

3. Laine Cummings
    October 17, 2011 at 1:36 pm

Very appropriate to our family! My 16 yr old son with Asperger’s is in the high school band, and “Dust in The Wind” is one of the songs the band has been playing at half time this year! :)

4. Grover L. Coble
    November 27, 2011 at 7:04 am

When am I getting my book.I pre-ordered to get one With Kerry Livgrens autograph.It’s now November 27th and I still haven’t recieved my book.What’s up.

• December 7, 2011 at 11:35 pm

I just got mine yesterday in the mail… Yours is probably on its way as well if you haven’t already received it. I remember reading about some delay, can’t remember what the reason was.. Maybe they had too many requests and he couldn’t sign them fast enough!

5. Rob Enslin
    December 1, 2011 at 2:38 pm

I write to congratulate KANSAS on the success of its “Dust in the Wind” gift book. Like the song which inspired it, the book is a vital work of art. That a portion of the proceeds benefits Autism Speaks makes it all the more significant. (Like some fans, I have an autistic child.) To those of you still waiting to receive your copy, please be patient. It’s worth the wait–and then some!

6. Kim Feliciano
    December 5, 2011 at 12:31 pm

I ordered this 35th Anniversary book about a month and a half ago and still have not recieved it. I t should have been sent the week of Nov.15th. I wanted it for Christmas. What’s going on with it, no one will get back to me!

7. Kim Feliciano
    December 5, 2011 at 3:51 pm

Believe it or not, when I went to my mailbox ,it was there! Love it, thanks.