Home > Awareness > U.N. Postage Stamp to Honor World Autism Awareness Day

U.N. Postage Stamp to Honor World Autism Awareness Day

Hey everyone! We have a really exciting opportunity to celebrate World Autism Awareness Day, and we need your help!

The United Nations is looking to feature artwork, by an individual on the autism spectrum, for a special 2012 Autism Awareness stamp. All you need to do is upload your artwork to a special album on Facebook to be in the running! Remember, your art will be on a postage stamp, so the artwork has to look good on a small scale!

The deadline is November 4, 2011 – so get your submissions in! Use your imagination and be creative, the design is totally up to you!

You can upload your photos to our Facebook Wall!  Please be sure to copy and paste the link underneath!

1. October 24, 2011 at 11:42 am

Where’s the special album? Your link does not take you there.

2. October 24, 2011 at 11:43 am

where can I upload a picture for the stamp contest? when I click on you Upload Photos Here link I am directed to you Facebook page where there is no option to upload a photo nor is there a special album. please help as I do have a great drawing I would like to submit. Gee Vero / Bareface Autistic Art http://www.bareface.jimdo.com
    thanks

3. October 24, 2011 at 4:36 pm

What a great honor for Autism Awareness! But, I would love to upload a picture!

4. Denise Negron
    October 25, 2011 at 11:45 am

Remember to resize the picture to 300 x 300 aprox. I did it and they are posted. Hope that help.

5. October 28, 2011 at 11:44 pm

What exactly IS a U.N. postage stamp, I thought each country used their own stamp??

6. dorothy frisch
    October 29, 2011 at 7:04 pm

Copy and paste WHAT link?

Thanks

7. November 2, 2011 at 3:12 pm

is anyone other than us three reading this blog? where is the special album? which link should one paste? is this stamp thing for real? is anyone out there? I posted my picture on the autism.speaks facebook wall but I have no idea whether that qualifies me as an entry. It seems to me when it comes to stamps it´s autism ceased to speak. anyway, you can see my entry “The two sides of just one” on my website http://www.bareface.jimdo.com thanks,

• alidyer19
      November 2, 2011 at 3:50 pm

Hi Gee! Yes by uploading your stamp to the page, it qualifies. Sorry for the confusion!

8. November 2, 2011 at 7:12 pm

thank you. will you post the result on your page? how many entries have you had? you should make a special album for all the entries. Gee

9. renee
    November 4, 2011 at 4:11 pm

When and how do we find out the winner?

10. Janice Danley
    November 5, 2011 at 9:19 am

Does anyone know when the winner will be announced? Thanks!!

11. Lesli Blu
    November 26, 2011 at 3:40 pm

Has anyone found out about when the winner(s) will be announced?

12. December 19, 2011 at 5:18 pm

Sonds like things are working its way through…

1. November 29, 2011 at 11:38 am