Home > Awareness, Fundraising > Enzo’s mom talks insurance

Enzo’s mom talks insurance

This blog post is by Jeanie Caggiano. Her son Enzo has autism and she is an Allstate customer.

My little boy, Enzo, is 7 years old.  He was diagnosed at age 3 with pervasive developmental delay. Last year, they gave us a more specific diagnosis that I am still coming to terms with: autism.

Enzo is apparently on the mild end of the spectrum. But that’s not much of a consolation when I get the call from school that he lost it again today and bit a classmate. Or when I go to volunteer at school and a boy in his class comes up to me and says, “You know, Enzo’s crazy.” Or when I call and call and call the other moms in his class to set up a play date and they don’t return my calls. For the parents of a kid with autism, there’s a new opportunity every day for your heart to break.

It’s why Autism Speaks is so essential. Every day, they’re helping families like ours cope with this disability by researching causes and treatments – and advocating for those who can’t speak for themselves.

I’m writing this because I want to tell you about an easy way to help raise money for Autism Speaks. Now through December 31 (we extended the deadline!) December 14th, when you get any Allstate insurance quote, Allstate will donate $10 to Autism Speaks.

They’ve made a pledge to donate up to $500,000. It’s really easy. You just call 866-998-4488 or visit AutismSpeaks.org/Allstate. Get a free quote on any kind of insurance: car, home, boat, life, motorcycle, business, anything.

Everybody needs insurance. I feel better about getting mine from a company that supports a cause I believe in so much. So please get a quote now through December 31 (we extended the deadline!) December 14th, and tell your family and friends about it, too.

1. December 2, 2011 at 3:24 am

Every child is indeed special, therefore these little guys should get all the help and donations that he can get, i really admire people who are trying to find ways on how to help those what we call as “special child”.

2. Fran Silveria
    December 3, 2011 at 10:29 am

This is great but I have a 14 year old autistic son and my husband and myself have never had a ticket or an accident in the five years we have had allstate and they just raised our insurance $30 per month for a 2009 lancer and a 2000 hyundai. Maybe my insurance went up because of that $500K. It’s a nice thing allstate is saying they are doing but really Autism Speaks doesn’t do anything for me and my autistic family. I understand there is alot of advice on the site but once your kid is 14, you now become an expert on autism. No government program helps my family with our autistic son. The school helps but we have to be totally involved and manage it ourselves. We don’t have health insurance and our family income is under $40K per year. We make too much for medicaid or welfare and no health insurance company cares if we are broke or have an autistic son. We don’t get breaks at any outside learning facility (our son needs more speech since the school said they can’t do anymore). Thanks allstate for raising my premiums. I really hopes it helps some families and their children.

3. Deborah Bridges
    December 4, 2011 at 7:24 pm

my daughter little girl just has Autism. she lives with us for now untill she saves some to get place. jenny works at 7-11 at night and i grandmother takecare of chloe grand-daughter, daytime, when jenny sleeps. if anyone knows were she can get help, it would be great! thanks you! deborah

4. December 10, 2011 at 11:33 am

I also have a daughter with Autism. She is 2. Insurance covers nothing for her. With Christmas and my husband being laid off its been hard. If anyone knows any way to get her 2 important tests covered . Please let me know.The cost 900 dollars for both.I live in Michigan where they do not have any legislation passed yet. Ive tried everything. so far I have gotten a few paid for. She was just diagnosed 2 months ago. My DAN doctor told me with intervention she may be able to be recovered. I hanging on to hope at this point. Thanks to all! Brooke

5. December 13, 2011 at 4:33 am

Research has shown that drawing can foster creativity and enhance motor skills and cognitive development in a child.

Children learn best through touch and senses, when they experiment with shades of colours and patterns and the textures of various art media.It encourages them to create and this creative process also develops in them imagination, attention to details and observation skills.
    Melissa and Doug Easel.

6. Rubia
    December 13, 2011 at 12:42 pm

Tenho um filho de 03 anos autista, ele esta na escola, e bem amoroso, faz terapia pelas mnhãs: musicoterpia, natação, cavalo e pisicomotricidade, terapia ocupacional, ele esta cada vez mais interagindo com o meio em que vive. abs. Rubia.

7. January 6, 2012 at 4:05 am

This is nothing but facts.

1. November 30, 2011 at 7:38 pm