Home > Weekly Whirl > Weekly Whirl – Tattoo Time!

Weekly Whirl – Tattoo Time!

If anyone knows how hectic life can get – WE DO! That’s why we have created the Autism Speaks Weekly Whirl to fill you in on all of the highlights of the week! The last thing we want is for you to be left out of the loop! Please share with friends and family to spread the word about all of the exciting things going on in the autism community. Keep in mind, these updates aren’t limited to Autism Speaks — we will be featuring news from across the community.

Who says you can’t be creative with spreading autism awareness? These awesome folks submitted photos of their tattoos – yes, you read correctly, TATTOOS for their loved ones who have autism. Have a look, tell us what you think!

Melissa Fuller

“For my son Brayden. Just done yesterday. Done in invisible ink that will glow. The tattoo artist said people wil wonder where the key is, I said we are still searching for it.”

Julie Burke

“♥ :)”

Jennifer Rae Sawyer

“Got this for my middle child, Isaiah, who has autism. He is such a blessing! :)”

Korban Trautman

“Got this for my brother a few years ago, just felt like sharing.”

Tim Greninger

“For my God Daughter…..”

1. Danna
    January 13, 2012 at 3:13 pm

I have one on my wrist! For my daughter :-) I’d post a pic here, but I don’t think it’ll let me. I like it better than the ones shown here, but I’m just biased. ;-P

2. Maureen Jago
    January 14, 2012 at 10:01 am

Cool! I want to get one on my ankle!

3. January 14, 2012 at 10:08 am

I have one I want to share….. where can I send it?? :)

4. autumn
    January 14, 2012 at 10:12 am

wow what a greate idea i love it <3

5. Sheila Van
    January 14, 2012 at 10:14 am

I have had a tattoo of puzzle piece coming together with my sons name beside, on my shoulder with his name beside it for about 4 years. I love it and that is how I got awareness out there LONG ago. :)

6. January 14, 2012 at 10:19 am

7. susan okeefe
    January 14, 2012 at 10:31 am

MY husband,son and I got one for my son colin,how can i summit photos?

8. January 14, 2012 at 10:44 am

Those are really kewl !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. jessica
    January 14, 2012 at 10:44 am

Not sure how to post my tattooo and I would luv to share it. Luving my Alexander forever

10. Carolina Marmolejos
    January 14, 2012 at 10:59 am

I have a puzzle tat I got in honor of my son & I wld love to share it w this blog. Can u be so kind in telling me how I can post

11. Sheila Van
    January 14, 2012 at 11:20 am

I have had a tattoo for about 4 years, of puzzle piece fitting together with my son’s name beside it! That was my way of getting Awareness out there a LONGTIME ago! :)

12. January 14, 2012 at 12:22 pm

I am planing on getting a tattoo like this for my daughter and her best friend.

13. Gloria Bryant
    January 14, 2012 at 12:58 pm

I have a grandaughter that has autism. She is a precious child. I like to keep up with the latest finding on autism.

14. January 14, 2012 at 1:31 pm

I want to get a tattoo of a fairy sitting on a star and the star made out of puzzle pieces with the word hope in it and under all of it my daughters name DANIELLE STAR FERRY. still looking for the right fairy picture to use.

15. Jack
    January 14, 2012 at 7:16 pm

My Autism Speaks logo tattoo that I got done at Lost Anchor Tattoo Parlour in Oshawa. My oldest son, Lincoln, has Asperger’s Syndrome. I got this tattoo on my wrist to show my support and love of my son and as a reminder of who he is and to never give up on him.

16. tori witty
    January 15, 2012 at 2:23 am

I can’t wait to send a photo of my tattoo I had done for my son with autism and for all the children with autism that I work with and in the world. You are all so very special and amazing!!!! I have three sons and the other two boys want my tattoo as well…but they are 15 and 17 years of age…its hard to say no to that!!!

17. Teresa Hasty
    January 16, 2012 at 2:36 pm

My husband & I have talked about getting Autism Awareness tattoos for years. We have a 14 year old son & a 12 year old niece with Autism. My sister & I also work with Special needs children.

18. Crystal
    January 16, 2012 at 3:20 pm

I have one on my forearm for my 3 girls :)

19. Dragonflymom
    January 17, 2012 at 10:42 am

LOVE IT !!! Can’t think of a better way to permanently spread the word of Autism awareness.
    Can’t wait to get mine in honor of my son. He is a BLESSING to our family and has helped all of us look at life through his eyes and see it in a whole new light.
    God Bless you all !!!!!

20. January 17, 2012 at 5:42 pm

I have a puzzle piece tattoo for my nephew…If anyone in the Chicago area wants to get one, I recommend going to Rising Phoenix in Addison!

21. Eugenia Brown
    January 20, 2012 at 8:10 pm

Thanks everyone for sharing. It’s my plan to get a tatoo for my youngest son who suffers from autism but indecided about where to put and what to get. Any suggestions.

22. isabel
    January 23, 2012 at 1:17 pm

this is one of the best things, that u can do, for someone u really love….