Home > Awareness > I’m Joey and I Met President Obama!

I’m Joey and I Met President Obama!

Hi I’m Joey – I got to meet President Obama at the White House Science Fair. Meeting him was really fun, and he’s really nice. I showed him my Extreme Marshmallow Cannon. The White House Staff told me not to encourage the President to fire it, but he wanted to fire it! You can’t really say no to the President of the United States.

I never thought that it would become this big – but if more kids see my cannon – then more will realize they can build or do what ever they put their mind to, big or small. I want lots of kids to see how cool it is to MAKE and go to Maker Faires. Thanks to ‘Make and Cognizant’ for giving me this awesome experience!

Don’t be BORED…MAKE Something!

Joey Hudy and President Barack Obama

You can follow Joey on Twitter at @Joey_Hudy

1. Iris Mena
    February 16, 2012 at 11:59 am

Thank you Joey! I saw you in the news and I was so proud of you! I’m super happy that your accomplishments have brought our wonderful President so much happiness and excitement! He wants Science and Math to be important to all of us and his words touched my heart when he said he wants more Science Teachers in the school force! I’m currently studying to do just that! Be the best Science Teacher I can be! My son has Aspergers Syndrome and his passion is Science too! Thank you for being a great role-model!!

2. February 16, 2012 at 12:05 pm

Cool, Joey! I’ve been to Maker Faires and I love them.

3. Millie
    February 16, 2012 at 12:07 pm

AWESOME JOB JOEY!!! You met the President, goes to show you boys grow up to be men and they Love your cool invention. To have the President shoot the cannon was so cool!! Congrats!! Keep making stuff!!

4. Mariame
    February 16, 2012 at 1:26 pm

I see in you an dyour accomplishment my son Zaki !!! You are a model for all our children with autism. God Bless you

5. carrie land
    February 16, 2012 at 7:42 pm

Congratulations, Joey. You’re really cool!

6. Ted Bongiovanni
    February 17, 2012 at 5:40 pm

Joey, you are a model for all Americans, not just the young, keep making things!

7. February 27, 2012 at 1:25 pm

Thank you all – this is Joey’s mom. Your comments brought tears to my eyes! The role-model comments get me everytime. I am proud of him and proud to say I’m Joey’s mom! Thanks again for all your kind words. Please look up Maker Faire and see if there is one near you. It changed Joey’s life and maybe can yours too. <3